The Developmental Relationships Workshop
Why are some relationships transformative for young people’s growth and development, while others seem to have little, if any, impact? Developmental relationships help young people discover who they are, shape their own lives and learn how to contribute to the world around them. The Developmental Relationships workshop helps you be intentional and strategic in strengthening relationships in schools, youth programs, and families.
Who Should Attend the Developmental Relationships Workshop
- Youth workers
- Youth program leaders
- Staff from family-serving organizations
- Members of collective impact partnerships and other community coalitions
What Participants Will Learn
- The ways that developmental relationships help young people learn to strive to be their best
- Key findings from studies at Search Institute and elsewhere that demonstrate the connections between strong relationships and strong youth outcomes
- The five core components of Search Institute’s Developmental Relationships Framework and identify ways to integrate the concepts into their ongoing work with young people
- To reflect on the things you currently do—and can start to do—to build strong relationships with young people
- How developmental relationships build upon Search Institute’s longstanding research on Developmental Assets®.
What participants Will Receive
Print materials that summarize and support implementation of Search Institute’s new Developmental Relationships Framework.
- Half-day workshop, which can be combined with other workshops including Igniting Sparks. Please contact us to customize this workshop for your school or program.
- One-hour keynote
CEUs AvailableDownload Fact Sheet