Essentials of Asset Building
For Trainers and Facilitators
Developmental Assets® are a set of 40 research-based strengths and supports that enable young people to develop into successful and contributing adults. Essentials of Asset Building is an energizing two-day training that prepares facilitators and trainers to lead workshops introducing assets to their community.
Who Should Attend
- Community coalition leaders
- Concerned community members
- Community organizers
- Youth- and family-serving organization staff, particularly those involved in training staff
- Youth volunteers
- Social Workers
What Participants Will Learn in this Workshop
This training will prepare participants to deliver two core Search Institute designed workshops to your own organization: Everyone’s an Asset Builder and Sharing the Asset Message.
Everyone’s an Asset Builder introduces the Developmental Assets® framework and the powerful role of individual asset builders in the lives of youth. This workshop will help participants:
- identify the characteristics of effective asset builders and their own personal strengths and challenges
- understand “circles of influence” and identify those circles in which there is potential for asset building
- make and share a personal commitment to asset-building action
Sharing the Asset Message prepares community members and groups to deliver a variety of asset-building messages to multiple audiences. This workshop will help participants:
- discuss how the assets relate to other positive youth development efforts
- develop engaging presentation strategies to meet the unique needs of any audience
- download free curriculum materials to use in your own presentations
Two full days, at your location.
James Conway or Kelly FeltonDownload the Essentials of Asset Building Fact Sheet