The Intentional Relationships Workshop
Relationships are too important to leave to chance. This workshop helps participants learn to intentionally build developmental relationships with young people to powerfully benefit youth learning and development.
Educational success and social-emotional development blossom when caring adults and supportive peers are present in young people’s lives. Extensive research has documented relationships as the roots of social and emotional development for youth. Yet many professionals who work directly with youth – especially youth from marginalized communities – face challenges in forming well-rounded relationships that connect with the diverse needs of youth. This workshop will teach you how to build a developmental relationship with intention to help young people be and become their best selves.
Who Should Attend
- After-school and out-of-school programs
- Mentoring programs
- Juvenile justice organizations
- Identify the difference between being intentional and being inclusive.
- Believe that relationships impacted your own development.
- Assess your relational style using the Developmental Relationships Framework..
- Understand the origin of the Developmental Relationships Framework.
- Be able to identify the five elements of the Developmental Relationships Framework.
- Identify some ways that the five elements are reflected in your current your practices.
- Distinguish and commit to using one element of the framework in daily practice to cultivate developmental relationships with young people.
- Identify approaches to building developmental relationships that are available in the Relationship Builder’s Guidebook, included in Workshop.
- Live remote (via Zoom) or On-site at your location.
Download the Intentional Relationships Workshop Fact Sheet
For questions about the on-site the Intentional Relationships Workshop workshop, please visit our on-site workshop FAQ page, or click below to fill out a form and a Search Institute representative will contact you.
PLEASE READ: Our Workshops Acceptable Use Policy