Current Research & Development Projects
The primary focus of our current projects in positive youth development and education is to understand and strengthen developmental relationships in young people’s lives.
We are engaged in this work in a number of contexts:
- The Relationships for Outcomes Initiative —a signature partnership that examines developmental relationships in multiple contexts
- Schools, with a focus on the role of student-teacher relationships in student motivation and learning
- Out-of-school-time programs
- Peer programs
- Engaging and strengthening families
- Community building and civic development
- International youth development
Also, check out the completed studies and publications for more information on what we’re learning.
Explore Partnership Possibilities
Search Institute’s research and development projects are only possible in partnership with schools, organizations, coalitions, and philanthropic organizations who entrust us to advance our shared commitments and strategies. We are deeply grateful to each of them. If you are interested in partnering with Search Institute in research and development efforts, contact Gene Roehlkepartain to explore possibilities.