Keep Connected Institute
for Strengthening Family Relationships
Middle school years are a time of big change for all kids and their families. It’s easy for families to get disconnected as kids grow and other demands pull families apart. As a result, many middle schools, out-of-school-time programs, family service organizations and faith communities and others struggle to engage parents and families meaningfully. We have put together an interactive workshop series called Keep Connected for middle school parents and youth to help them prepare for the changes they will be facing as they enter into the teen years.
Who should attend
The workshop is designed for teams who work with youth and parents, especially:
- School leaders, especially middle school
- Parent-teacher coordinators
- Family engagement program leaders
- Juvenile justice programs
- Child and family services programs
- Family engagement programs
- Faith-based programs
- Community education programs
- PTA/ PTO leaders
You will learn
- The research-based framework for strengthening relationships that young people need to learn, grow, and thrive.
- Professional development for program leaders and facilitators
- An introduction to the six-session, interactive workshop series that strengthens parent-youth relationships.
- A curriculum and guidebook that gives you tools to lead the sessions and recruit families, with handouts available in English and Spanish.
- Resources and guides to help promote the program in your community.
2-day workshop at your location