Attending an open enrollment is a great way for an individual or a small team to learn about positive youth development. Below are some frequently asked questions we get asked about open enrollment workshops:
- What is the difference between an Open Enrollment workshop and a on-site workshop? + −
An open enrollment workshop is one where groups or individuals can register and attend. An on-site workshop is booked by an organization and we will come to come to your site.
- Can I get continuing education units (CEU) or continuing education credits (CEC) for attending a Search Institute workshop? + −
Continuing Education Units are available for many of our workshops. Everyone who attends the following workshops will receive a CEU form:
- Essentials of Asset Building for Trainers and Facilitators
- The REACH Process: Strategies for Strengthening Academic Motivation
- Keep Connected
- Building Developmental Assets in School Communities
- Developmental Relationships and Igniting Sparks
Cancellation, Refund and Registration Policies
- If I need to cancel a workshop, can I get a refund? + −
- Cancellations received 30+ days prior to the first day of any workshop are eligible for a refund (less a $50 cancellation fee).
- Cancellations received less than 30 days will not be refunded.
- If Search Institute cancels this workshop, all registered participants will be entitled to a refund of all fees paid.
- If a registrant is not present for a workshop (“no show”) for any reason, they will not be entitled to a refund.
- There is no charge to substitute another registrant in your place.
- If you wish to transfer your registration to another event date,you must do so at least 30 days before the event date. There will be a $50 transfer fee, and only one transfer will be allowed.
- For requests for cancellation, refund, substitution, or transfer, or with any questions about our registrations policies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org OR (612) 399 0217.
- How can I pay for a workshop? + −
- Registration is not complete until paid. Online registrations can be paid for by credit card. To arrange for payment with check or purchase order, please contact email@example.com.
- Purchase Order: If you are paying by purchase order, a copy of the purchase order must be sent by fax or email to (612) 692-5553 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include registrant’s name, billing contact info, and name of organization with your fax or email.
- Tax Exempt: If you are claiming tax exemption for your registration fee, registration cannot be processed without a copy of your exemption certificate. The exemption certificate must be sent by fax or email to (612) 692-5553 or email@example.com. Please include registrant’s name, billing contact info, and name of organization with your fax or email.
- Can I substitute another person to attend a workshop? + −
There is no charge to substitute another registrant in your place.
- Can I change my workshop registration to a different date? + −
If you wish to transfer your registration to another event date, you must do so at least 30 days before the event date. There will be a $50 transfer fee, and only one transfer will be allowed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this.
- What is your training policy for Essentials of Asset Building? + −
Essentials of Asset Building Training Policy
Search Institute’s Essentials of Asset Building: A Curriculum for Trainers is to intended to equip trainers to promote the Developmental Asset framework in support of organizational and community-based initiatives that promote positive youth development.Trainers who complete the Essentials of Asset Building workshop may deliver workshops (Everyone’s an Asset Builder and Sharing the Asset Message) to non-paying attendees as part of their regular professional work. However, trainers are not authorized to market the Essentials of Asset Building workshop or content in an entrepreneurial fashion, nor are trainers allowed to train others to deliver the training. Essentials of Asset Building is the copyrighted property of Search Institute. All rights reserved.
- What is your training policy for Keep Connected? + −
Keep Connected Training Policy
The Keep Connected Institute for Strengthening Family Relationships is a research-based program for strengthening parent and child relationships during the critical middle school years. It prepares program leaders and facilitators to utilize the Keep Connected curriculum through a series of seven relationship strengthening workshops and associated activities.
The Strengthening Family Relationships resources consist of two primary components – the Keep Connected Institute for Strengthening Family Relationships, a two-day training institute for parent and youth facilitators, and online access for two years following training to the most current Keep Connected curriculum and support information.
Individuals trained at the Keep Connected Institute for Strengthening Family Relationships may deliver the curriculum to parents and youth for the sponsoring organization as part of their regular professional work. However, trained individuals are not authorized to market the Keep Connected curriculum or content in an entrepreneurial fashion. Trained individuals are not authorized to train others to deliver the Keep Connected Institute for Strengthening Family Relationships or Keep Connected.
Online access to the Keep Connected resources will belong to the sponsoring organization which sends individuals to the Keep Connected Institute for Strengthening Family Relationships (e.g. school or community based organization). Your purchase of this program is a license to use the curriculum, as described here, for a period of two years. Keep Connected is the copyrighted property of Search Institute. All rights reserved.
- What is your training policy for the Getting Relationships Right Workshop? + −
Getting Relationships Right Workshop Training Policy
The Getting Relationships Right Workshop is a research-based workshop that lays the foundation for youth-serving organizations to introduce and begin implementation of Search Institute’s Developmental Relationships Framework. Participants will leave with a personalized plan to implement and share strategies that build developmental relationships with the youth they serve — with co-workers and staff in your school or your sponsoring organization.
The Getting Relationships Right Workshop focuses on how the attendees will build developmental relationships within the context of their site. TheGetting Relationships Right Workshop will not provide training or information to the attendees on how to adapt the developmental relationships in contexts beyond their own site. The attendees may share the information and resources within their own site as part of their regular professional work. However, these individuals are not authorized to market the Developmental Relationship curriculum or content in an entrepreneurial fashion.
Online access to the Getting Relationships Right Workshop resources will belong to the sponsoring organization which sends individuals to the Getting Relationships Right Workshop (e.g. school or community based organization). The Developmental Relationship Hand Book, PowerPoint, and handouts are the copyrighted property of Search Institute. All rights reserved.
For questions about any professional learning opportunities, fill out the Professional Learning Assistance Form and we will get back to you within 3-4 business days. For more immediate assistance, email us at email@example.com.