Developmental Relationships and Igniting Sparks
Developmental relationships help young people discover who they are, develop abilities to shape their own lives, and learn how to engage with and contribute to the world around them. A Spark is the hidden flame inside every young person that taps into their true passions, talents, skills, and dreams. This workshop examines both concepts and equips participants to strengthen relationships with young people in their school or program settings.
This workshop will teach participants to harness Search Institute’s research on Sparks to build and strengthen relationships with young people. Participants will receive tools to be more intentional and strategic in strengthening relationships in schools, programs, and agency settings.
Who Should Attend
- Community coalitions & organizers
- Youth- and family-serving organization staff
- Mentoring programs
- Juvenile justice organizations
- Social Workers
- After-school and out-of-school programs
- Become familiar with Search Institute’s research on developmental relationships and Sparks within the context of thriving
- Examine the place of relationships in the lives of youth
- Explore the five essential actions that contribute to making a relationship transformative in the life of a young person
- Explore Sparks as a tool for building developmental relationships
- Consider practical applications for building relationships, and identifying and supporting Sparks
- Identify personal actions for applying our research to your work with youth
- Full-day at your location
Download the Developmental Relationships and Igniting Sparks Fact Sheet
For questions about the on-site Developmental Relationships and Igniting Sparks workshop, please visit our on-site workshop FAQ page, or click below to fill out a form and a Search Institute representative will contact you.