Youth and Program Strengths
Increasing Quality in Out-of-School Time Programs
This interactive workshop helps you understand what’s working in your out-of-school time program and where the greatest challenges lie. Whether your program’s focus is academic success, creative exploration, sports or civic engagement, Search Institute will show you how to systematically make sustainable improvements and improve quality in out-of-school time programs.
Who Should Attend
- Youth workers
- Educators who work in out-of-school time programs
What Participants Will Learn
- Become familiar with research-based program quality standards
- Review the Developmental Assets framework and its strength-based approach to working with youth
- Reflect on the relationship between critical elements of program quality and Developmental Assets
- Determine priorities for increasing the quality of their program and identify action steps for implementing these priorities
- Reflect on the importance of using data to determine program improvement
- Learn about Search Institute’s survey for data collection and measurement
Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) are available.
Required Resources to Purchase
- Great Group Games
- Best of Building Assets Together: Favorite Group Activities That Help Youth Succeed
- Group, Troops, Clubs, and Classrooms
- Take It Personally Booklet
For questions about the Improving Quality in Out of School Time Programs workshop, please visit our on-site workshop FAQ page, or click below to fill out a form and a Search Institute representative will contact you.