Developmental Assets & Developmental Relationships:
Connections that Help Youth Thrive
This interactive workshop explores both of Search Institute’s research-based frameworks and how they can be used together as to help young people grow and thrive.
The Developmental Assets® Framework articulates a broad ecology of youth development, giving communities, schools, and programs a common language to support positive development. The framework focuses on a set of internal factors (social-emotional strengths, values, and commitments) and external factors that protect from risks and promote thriving.
Developmental relationships are the roots of youth success. The framework identifies 5 critical elements and actions that make a relationship developmental, helping youth be and become their best selves.
This workshop will provide participants with a foundational understanding of both these frameworks and ways to use them to foster positive youth development.
Who Should Attend
Staff and leaders from:
- After-school and out-of-school-time programs
- Mentoring programs
- Juvenile justice organizations
- Discover the practical power of these two positive frameworks to guide their work with youth
- Examine how Developmental Assets and developmental relationships can strengthen their practices and programs
- Take home practical tools and strategies for building relationships with young people
- Full-day at your location
Download the Developmental Assets & Developmental Relationships Fact Sheet
For questions about the on-site Developmental Assets and Developmental Relationships workshop, please visit our on-site workshop FAQ page, or click below to fill out a form and a Search Institute representative will contact you.
PLEASE READ: Our Workshops Acceptable Use Policy