Chen-Yu provides support for all stages of Search Institute’s quantitative research and development projects, including:
- research design/preparing grant proposals
- survey construction
- data collection and cleaning
- data analysis intended for and communicating findings to both general and academic audiences (including manuscript preparation)
- technical assistance to researchers and clients who use Search Institute data
- short-term data management and long-term data archival
- M.A., in Sociology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- B.A., in Sociology, Macalester College, Saint Paul, Minnesota.
Selected Recent Publications
- Mortimer, Jeylan T., Lei Zhang, Chen-Yu Wu, Jeanette Hussemann, and Monica Kirkpatrick Johnson. Forthcoming. “A Three Generation Study of Parental Expectations, Adolescent Achievement Orientations, and Attainments.” Social Psychology Quarterly.
- Mortimer, Jeylan T., Frank Zhang, Jeanette M. Hussemann, and Chen-Yu Wu. 2014. “Parental Economic Hardship and Children’s Achievement Orientations.” Longitudinal and Life Course Studies 5(2): 105-128.