- The American Family Assets Study, Amy K. Syvertsen, Eugene C. Roehlkepartain, and Peter C. Scales
- Building Strong Families 2004: A Study of African American and Latino/Latina Parents in the United States (Summary Report), Eugene C. Roehlkepartain, Marc Mannes, Peter C. Scales, Shenita Lewis, and Brent Boltrom
- Building Strong Families: A Preliminary Survey on What Parents Need to Succeed, Eugene C. Roehlkepartain, Peter C. Scales, Stacey P. Rude, and Jolene L. Roehlkepartain
- The Possible Dream: What Families in Distressed Communities Need to Help Kids Thrive, Rebecca N. Saito, Theresa K. Sullivan, and Nicole R. Hintz
- Growing Up Adopted: A Portrait of Adolescents and their Families, Peter L. Benson, Anu R. Sharma, and Eugene C. Roehlkepartain
- Engaging Families in Service: Broadening Service-Learning’s Reach, Impact, and Support, Eugene C. Roehlkepartain and Jenny Friedman
Peer-Reviewed Articles and Scholarly Chapters
Benson, P. L. & Roehlkepartain, E. C. (1994). Single-parent families: Risk and resiliency. PSAY Network, 2(1), 5-7.
Benson, P. L., Sharma, A. R., & Roehlkepartain, E. C. (1995) Strengths in adoptive families. Child Welfare, 3(2), 1-2.
Scales, P. C. (1997). The role of family support programs in building developmental assets among young adolescents: A national survey of services and staff training needs. Child Welfare, 76(5), 611–635.
Scales, P. C., Benson, P. L., Roehlkepartain, E. C., Hintz, N. R., Sullivan, T. K., & Mannes, M. (2004). The role of parental status and child age in the engagement of children and youth with adults outside their families. Journal of Family Issues, 25(4), 735–760.