Unite teachers, parents, and community members in a shared vision to achieve the outcomes you desire! Our workshops are derived from two decades of work in both local and international communities and schools, but each event is tailored to reflect the realities in your organization and/or population.
- We offer research-based strategies for school and community improvements.
- We specialize in starting and sustaining organizational and community-wide initiatives for youth success.
- Our groundbreaking approaches to student achievement and youth leadership are regarded as more motivational than models that focus on "what's wrong with kids."
- We offer a Training of Trainer (TOT) option on select workshops to prepare you to present a Search Institute workshop to members of your school or community organization.
- Building Developmental Assets in School Communities - This workshop will describe the connections between Search Institute’s Developmental Assets and student achievement, show participants how to build assets for every student, and empower educators to initiate, increase, and strengthen the asset-building efforts that already exist in their schools. Download the Fact Sheet >>
- Building Developmental Assets in School Communities Training of Trainers Workshop - By completing one of Search Institute’s Training of Trainers (TOT) events, you’ll be prepared to present a Search Institute workshop to members of your school or community organization. Download the Fact Sheet: Building Developmental Assets in School Communities Training of Trainers Workshop >>
- Everyone's an Asset Builder - This workshop will introduce participants to Search Institute’s Developmental Assets® and invite them to become incorporate the Developmental Assets into their personal and professional life. Download the Fact Sheet >>
- Training of Trainers Workshop - By completing one of Search Institute’s Training of Trainers (TOT) events, you’ll be prepared to present a Search Institute workshop to members of your school or community organization. Download the Fact Sheet for Essential of Asset Building, a Training of Trainers workshop that will prepare you to present Everyone's an Asset Builder to your organization.
- Introducing Developmental Assets - This presentation introduces Search Institute’s Developmental Assets framework to communities and organizations, inspiring future commitment and action toward creating developmental communities for youth. This presentation will help participants understand the concept of Developmental Assets, including why they are important and how others are using them; understand and apply the categories of Developmental Assets to their own experiences and perceptions; learn from stories and concrete examples of community-based initiatives and consider how to apply the framework to their own community-building efforts.
- More Than Just a Place to Go - This training will help participants identify how Developmental Assets can be applied in youth-serving program planning and assessment, learn how the the presence of Developmental Assets reflects national standards for out-of-school programs, and learn how to use the framework to better support the youth you serve while also accomplishing program goals.
- Raising Thriving Kids - In this training, participants will learn how to deliver a five-session parent training designed to help parents form positive developmental relationships with their children. Each session provides parents with critical information and teaches them activity-based skills. Sessions involve physical activities, small- and large-group discussions, and role plays. Parents are encouraged to establish a regular “family time” at home, during which the whole family can have fun and work on program assignments together.
- Sharing the Asset Message - This informative and engaging workshop will help asset advocates in your community or organization effectively deliver a variety of asset-building messages to multiple audiences. Download the Fact Sheet >>
- Training of Trainers Workshop - By completing one of Search Institute’s Training of Trainers (TOT) events, you’ll be prepared to present a Search Institute workshop to members of your school or community organization. Download the Fact Sheet for Essential of Asset Building, a Training of Trainers workshop that will prepare you to present Sharing the Asset Message to your organization.
- SPARKS - This workshop highlights the power of Search Institute’s latest concept innovations—sparks and thriving. It explores the three things that, when present in young people’s lives, virtually guarantee that they will thrive. Receive detailed strategies to intentionally engage young people in conversations that are rooted in their passions and interests and really matter. Explore practical tools and resources for effectively engaging young people in meaningful dialogue in personal conversations, organizational groups, classroom and out-of- school settings.
- What's Up With Our Kids? - This presentation builds a shared understanding of young people’s strengths and needs in your community based on findings from Search Institute’s Profiles of Student Life: Attitudes and Behaviors or Me & My World survey. The presenter will provide and suggest possible interpretation of the survey data and point toward concrete actions your community can use to help build on its strengths.
For more information about our presentations and workshops, contact us:
E-mail Donna Duffey at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail: PO Box 338
Gorham, ME 04038.