Search Institute researchers and senior staff regularly work with organizations and coalitions that seek to help young people thrive and become caring and contributing adults. We work with organizations to collect and use meaningful data, collaborate across boundaries, and see old problems in new ways. Our consulting enterprise is grounded in the same core conviction that guides all of Search Institute’s work: building on strengths and resilience in young people, their families, and their communities is a more effective way to improve outcomes than focusing on deficits and risks.
Search Institute offers consulting services that help our partners find solutions in two critical endeavors: measurement and improvement. In both of those areas, working with a Search Institute expert is an investment that will help to produce improved organizational performance for years to come.
Measurement Services help partners achieve the following objectives:
- Design measurement strategies that fit your organization or community’s priorities and capacities.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of young people’s experiences in schools and youth programs using a mix of quantitative (youth surveys) and qualitative (interviews, observation, and focus groups) methods.
- Utilize data from Search Institute surveys and other sources to improve young people’s noncognitive skills, social-emotional strengths, and other factors that influence their success in school and in life.
- Effectively administer validated surveys to ensure that data are accurate, valid, reliable, and timely while minimizing the burden on youth and program staff.
- Develop customized measures of the strengths and supports in young people’s lives to align with the goals and priorities of schools, youth programs, and community coalitions.
Engagement Services help partners engage youth, parents, and other grassroots leaders to achieve the following objectives:
- Strengthen collective impact efforts through intentional efforts to engage individuals and groups who are not always at the table to support youth development and education initiatives in communities.
- Identify strategies that offer meaningful ways for diverse groups and people to contribute to shared goals, based on their strengths and priorities.
- Build bridges to work together for youth development and education priorities across diverse cultures, sectors, and ideologies.
- Encourage sustained commitment to collective goals, actions, and impact.
Improvement Services help partners achieve the following objectives:
- Apply Search Institute research on Developmental Assets, developmental relationships, thriving, family strengths, and other subjects to their work with youth and families.
- Summarize current research on education and youth development to inform program planning and organizational improvement.
- Develop logic models for use in funding proposals, improvement plans, and evaluations that link program components to desired outcomes.
- Facilitate data-guided improvement processes that clarify objectives and assumptions, build relationships within and across organizations, and use trial-and-error strategies to continuously improve outcomes.
Search Institute works closely with people who directly touch young people’s lives. Consulting fees are determined by the scope of each engagement. We work closely with each partner to define and commit to expected deliverables.
To learn more ways that Search Institute’s consulting services can help you achieve your objectives, please contact Mary Shrader at 612-692-5526, or fill out the web form by clicking here and a client relations specialist will contact you to explore the possibilities.