Based on Search Institute’s interfaith research on the role of the faith community in the lives of youth, this workshop introduces the Developmental Assets Framework as a tool for strengthening youth programming, energizing work with families, harnessing the power of individuals, and building bridges to youth-serving efforts across the community.
Who should attend
- Religious youth workers
- Denominational staff
- Religious educators
- Youth in leadership roles in congregations
Members of congregations and faith-based organizations of all faith traditions are welcome.
During this workshop, participants will
- Explore the role that faith traditions play in promoting positive youth development
- Develop an asset-based approach to nurture faith development in youth
- Review strategies for strengthening programs serving youth and families in congregations and faith-based organizations
- Consider practical approaches to energize and involve individual members of a congregation or faith-based organization in faith-based asset building