Join us for this no-cost webinar on Tuesday, July 8th, 2014, 12PM - 1PM, CDT
Led by Eugene C. Roehlkepartain, Ph.D., Vice President, Research and Development, Search Institute, and Hedy Walls, Vice President of Social Responsibility, YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities.
Everyone wins when families feel connected to their neighborhood and community resources. When these connections take hold, families find it easier to build relationships and tap into the strengths that they already possess.
Please join us for a new webinar, Enriching Families’ Community Connections: A Two-Way Street, to discover the many upsides of family/community engagement. This webinar brings together Search Institute’s research with the practical experience of a seasoned family engagement practitioner.
Through this webinar, participants will learn:
- The power of community in family life, and how families can build and shape community.
- The importance of different kinds of community connections and engagement, recognizing that all types of connections are fragile for too many families.
- The critical need to connect with all families based on their own priorities and capacities, particularly families of color as well as those who do not see themselves as resource rich.
- How families can strengthen their engagement in community without it becoming a full-time job.
- How schools and other organizations can redesign family engagement to shift from individual transactions to meaningful transformation for both families and the community.